Hip Abductor Strain
- Use a double length 4in or 6in wrap
- Position the leg in ~15° knee flexion
- Clinical Tip:
- Make a heel lift from the ends of several rolls of tape. Tape the rolls together to make heel lift.
- Start wrapping on the thigh “in to out” direction
- Continue the wrap around the waist to complete the spica.
- Repeat the spica 2-3 times depending upon the size of the athlete
- Use tape to trace the pattern of the spica to give additional support to the muscles.
Hip Flexor Strain
- Same procedure as the hip adductor wrap, but in the opposite direction – “out to in direction”